In spite of my frustration and confusion about Christmas, sometimes I get a hankering to make something Christmassy. So I was staring at this gourd in my yard, and it was staring back, and I started to think,"I bet that gourd would make a good Santa." So I washed it all up, and noticed it had a broken/soft spot about a nickle in size. Rats. I can still use it for a birdhouse or something, but since the Santa is all in one piece it wouldn't work for that. So I went out to the studio and got another one of a similar shape and got it all cleaned up.
So now I'm about 3/4 of the way done with the Santa. It suddenly got blustery outside and I got hungry so I put it all away until tomorrow. But I plan to make a step-by-step how-to to go with it.